WHAT IS RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING?
Gambling is a popular pastime in the UK, providing entertainment in the form of sports betting, bingo, casinos, poker betting and more. As well as being great fun, there’s also the chance that you may get lucky and win some extra cash. However, while many do gamble responsibly and within a budget that suits them, problem gambling is unfortunately an issue that impacts the lives of many people.
Essentially, when we talking about responsible gambling, we mean any betting that isn’t causing harm. If betting is creating financial stress, anxiety, depression or affecting your life in a negative way overall, then it’s not responsible.
TIPS FOR BETTING SENSIBLY
- Treat your betting as entertainment expense.
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose.
- Know your limits, and be clear about them before you start betting.
- Remember to take a break.
- Don’t gamble when you’re upset or depressed.
- Do something else to occupy your free time.
- Don’t chase losses.